As an editor of Promise magazine from Spring 2013 to Spring 2015, I managed the following elements of the production process:
- Developing a communications plan for each issue
- Story concept development
- Story assignment with publisher
- Editing and reviewing all copy and visual elements
- Writing features, front-of-the-book content, copy for photo captions & photo essays and copy for Q & As, contents pages and cover lines
- Organizing and managing photo shoots; some photography and photo editing; sharing photos via social media networks (Facebook, Twitter)
- Producing and filming short videos related to stories in issue; conducting interviews; writing interview questions (I initiated this process when I starting to work on the magazine in Jan. 2013)
- Managing layout and graphic design elements
- Fact checking
- Updating all web content
- Promoting the magazine via social media networks (Facebook, Twitter)
- Expanded the content from a standard 16-page magazine to a 24-page magazine
Promise issues I managed:
- View Promise Spring/Summer 2015
- View Promise Fall/Winter 2014
- View Promise Spring/Summer 2014
- View Promise Fall/Winter 2013
- View Promise Spring/Summer 2013
I edited all sections of Momentum magazine as the Senior Editor from January 2010 to June 2012 and edited the BC Section of the magazine from April to December 2009. Below is a selection of stories that I wrote for Momentum.
Four Bikes and One Big Adventure in Aspen
If you live in Aspen, CO, chances are you’re a cyclist. The number and variety of cycling activities in and around this city of about 6,000 people makes it easy. Read more.
Tour of Montreal 2011
During my trip to the Montreal Bike Fest this June, I was pleasantly surprised to see just how many bicyclists there were on the streets. I had heard that Montreal’s cycling culture was alive and well, but what I witnessed was far beyond my expectations. Read more.
A Hands-on Experience at Brooks England
Colorful rows of bike seats line long racks. Bins filled to the top with all manner of shiny and polished flyers, side rods and seat noses checker the room. Read more.
Read the full 2009 issue that I co-edited here.
(Note: the cover is missing from this PDF for reasons of copyright.)